LG Solar As a global leader in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, LG can now offer superior solar products. The trusted LG brand provides innovative products and has built a reputation on quality and reliability like no other brand.
- Release of LG NeON™2 with “CELLO” Technology which is using 12 fine busbars.
- LG NeON™2 was awarded in Intersolar Award 2015,
Plus X Award.
- Release of MonoX® NeON, the brand new n-type module with up to 300Wp
- MonoX® NeON was awarded Intersolar Award 2013,
Plus X Award, and Korea’s 10 Best New Technologies of 2013.
- Achieved outstanding p-type cell efficiency of 20.7% (Based on internal measurements – as of September 2012)
- Proven innovator with leading patent applications (Based on the USPTO and EPO–as of July 2012)
- Had the most patent applications over the past three years (In the U.S. and Europe, Focust figures – as of July 2012)
- Reached 400MW accumulated production supply.
- Sold in 32 countries worldwide
- Mass production begins
- LG Electronics constructs PV cell and module factories in Gumi, Korea
- LG Electronics Solar Test Lab is certified by TÜV and UL
- Solar Cell Research Team in LG Chemical integrates with LG Electronics
- LG Solar Energy operates its first 14MW solar farm in Taean, Korea
- LG Chemical conducts R&D on its solar cell polycrystalline
- LG establishes PV power generation systems at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- LG establishes 17 PV streetlights in Incheon parks, Korea
- LG sets up PV traffic signs
- LG establishes PV clock towers
- GoldStar Electronics applies and qualifies to manufacture heaters and solar panels that operate on naturally circulating solar heat
- GoldStar Central R&D Lab and Lucky Chemical develop their solar cell manufacturing technology
- GoldStar establishes photovoltaic power plants
- GoldStar develops its portable solar cell technology called 'Solar Lantern'
- GoldStar Electronics conducts its first solar cell multicrystalline R&D
- Founded as GoldStar